Love My Clients

Tonight, the Knight Foundation had a lovely little happy hour event for grantees. I was talking to someone about how much I loved my clients,and she asked why. Here are just a few of the reasons and things they are up to. I love my clients because:

-  Nautilus did an amazing production of The Fantasticks that I saw last night and I am still immersed in (it's sold out for the rest of the run, but they *may* add performances next weekend — don't miss it if they do!)
-  SEIU and Minnesotans for a Fair Economy have been kicking it in terms of lobbying for better job conditions, paid sick and safe leave, and higher wages. (The fast food strike last week was just one example).
-  I got to attend an incredible TV Takeover at TPT by Circus Juventas on Saturday night (and the spring shows come up in just a few weeks, get tickets now!) So proud of the amazing circus world they create.
-  KidsPark and Cathedral Hill Montessori make the world better for kids every single day.
-  I spent this morning driving around the Macalester-Groveland neighborhood today on some historic preservation survey work, and that made me proud of the work that the Macalester-Groveland Community Council does (and they had a great Annual Meeting last week!)
-  Even in the midst of funding cuts and a move, Mental Health Minnesota is doubling down on advocating for those with mental illness (which, let's face it, is all of us at one time or another.) It's been kind of a disappointing legislative session, but they are hanging in there.
-  Every day, IFP Minnesota inspires me with the vision of a Minnesota where film and media play a crucial role in the arts economy. If you have not stopped by to see the new space yet, you should! (then take me out for a drink at Lake Monster!)
-  I get to support a lot of small business owners, from wineries to PR firms to a B&B, with their payroll.
-  I've begun some fascinating contract work recently with Rosy Simas Danse, Novi Most, Ten Thousand Things, Nimbus Theatre, and Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts, and I have so loved learning more about them and working with them to make what they do even better. (I've had some super-interesting initial meetings with some other groups too!)

Luckiest girl alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy