London Food

I was excited to read The London Cookbook for two reasons:

1)  It prepared me for our Thanksgiving week trip to London, and all the top restaurants I should have on my radar, and;

2)  I could cook all the delicious foods when I got back!

This is a heavy, thick book full of wonderful looking recipes and beautiful photos (plus some fun line drawings).

London's food has really developed some diversity and high standards, and (even with not going to many of the high end places), I would say we ate better in London than we actually did in Paris.

Back to the book, though. It's well developed, with chapters on light fare, soups, pastas, vegetarian, seafood, fowl, and meat. TWO chapters on desserts (chilled and regular), and cocktails — I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time at the back of the book...

This book is written with a great deal of love and affection for London, and that's exactly what I'm in the mood for right now. It's a beautiful tribute to a much-loved city.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Desk Set