I Can See Clearly Now

(subtitled, The Power of Norwex)

For the past many years, I've had to be in at Circus Juventas on the day of the Gala at least part of the day to help get ready. This year I clearly didn't have to be, and we were sticking close to home to keep an eye on Beatrix, who was not feeling great. Patrick and I were standing in the guest room, looking at the kid's pile of laundry, when we decided we should take the window air conditioner out and put up the curtains the kittens had pulled down.

"I should really reach out to one of those windows cleaning services," I said. "It would probably be ridiculously expensive, but it would be nice to have clean windows for once." We both reached our arms up between the windows to try to clean them, which just looked worse, a line of grime halfway up the pane. But that's also when we realized they could tilt out.

Don't judge. Yes, the windows were put in about 14 years ago. But in my defense, I'v always lived in an old house and never even thought about the ideas of tilting windows. And to be honest, I don't think I am strong enough to tilt them by myself.

So we started in the guest room, and took apart the windows and the storms, and cleaned them with Norwex rags.

Before on the right, after on the left, since I did not think to get a picture until partway through.


Detail:


From there we moved into our bedroom:

And then the hall and the bathroom.

You guys, it's sooooo much brighter in our house now (just in time for what might be the last daylight savings time to end).

The kittens think we are the most entertaining people in the world.

And I figure we are saving enough from not hiring it out that we could take a weekend away.

(though we still have the whole 1st floor to do)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy