Ordering Online

So if you know me, you know that 99.9% of my clothing comes from clothing exchanges and I almost never buy anything new.

However, much of my clothing is beginning to look like that, and so, inspired by my success with Pacas socks (they really are the best things ever), I decided to succumb to some facebook ads.

The first item? I badly needed a long black sweater to replace a long merino wool one that I wore to bits. So went to Quince I picked up a Mongolian cashmere duster, and I am pleased to say I love it! It was under $100, shipping was quick and easy to track, and though it's lightweight, it's warm and well made. It wraps nicely and looks cute. I've had a lot of people say good things about Quince, and I think I may now also be a convert.




Let me know if you want a referral code — I think you get $20 our your first order, and I get a $20 credit too (that's 2/5 of the way to the cashmere v-neck I am now coveting!).

I had had a previous good experience with some hand-me down items from Universal Standard from a friend and liked them, so when the "mystery bag sale" rolled around, I decided to take a chance. For $100 I got 3 of their "classic" pieces, and my wardrobe could use some classics. They arrived today:




A basic black tee:


Some classic black pants with zippered pockets that Winston especially loves:


And a red dress in their famous asymmetrical style:


At first I was a little bummed that everything was in darker colors. Then I realized that, as classics, that made sense, and these items together would make a perfect capsule wardrobe for our trip to Europe in a few weeks, so now I am especially excited.

(let me know if you want my referral code here, too; I think you get a free shirt and I get a credit).

In general, I'll continue to get most of my clothes from clothing exchanges (anyone up for one soon?). But I had a pretty good experience with succumbing to the algorithms and trying these out, and I'm feeling happy about it!

PS - What about you? Have you especially liked anything you've gotten off the internet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy