The Catch-Up Post

"Not ded. Just busy" quips my friend Kelly when he is juggling his multifaceted life. And that applies to me right now during "Maycember" when school is ending and clients are crazy and I clearly don't take the time to update the blog. 

There were circus shows, with 8 performances and 4 dress/techs over 2 weeks that kept Beatrix and Patrick very busy. 


Beatrix and I both sung in the SPA spring concert (I'm part of the Community Chorale and she is in 2 choirs). Yes, she's the one in the circus makeup because she had a show that afternoon, then choir, and then at intermission I ran her back over to circus because she was in the second half of that night's show, and then I ran back to sing Beethoven's 9th.

And she's in Urinetown at SPA this weekend (shows Friday and Sat at 7 and Sun at 4, free, just show up a the Huss Center on Randolph and Wheeler, no tickets needed.)


It's spring, so we're gardening a lot, including at the neighborhood park. We're uncovering the native garden we started creating for my father-in-law last fall, and finding out what's coming back and what's not. We're uncovering Ashland, which is charming. Summit is a hot mess.

We're trying to catch up on one house projects too, but there are a lot of moving parts. The main one, as I have complained about constantly on the social medias, the April 1 snowstorm caused huge pool damage that will cost about 20K to solve and is not covered by insurance. So I'm a little overwhelmed by it all.

And plus there's work, and work events, and spreadsheets, and all kinds of stuff like that.

Which is fun and I love my job, but my trello list keeps getting longer and longer.

And community activism...

And we don't socialize because we are working, or trying to get a start on the house projects, or sitting on Beatrix to do the homework she's behind on.

So, um, yeah, if I have not seen you that's why...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy