I've Got the Music in Me

Usually, I'm mostly about the dramatic arts.

But yesterday, I got to attend the Macphail fundraiser, a lovely lunchtime event. They get you in and out within an hour, you see the amazing work they are doing all over the state (including an 8-year old piano prodigy and their EMRA program, among others), and it leaves you generally gobstruck with how fortunate we are to have their great music education programs. Highly worth of support.


Then, in the afternoon, I got to attend my colleague Reilly's film Laurel Massé: How Can I Keep From Singing? Reilly has devoted years to this project and his care shows in every frame. It was one of the "Best of the Fest" features at MSPIFF and I felt so lucky to get a chance to see it. It's currently in post-production and still looking for some funds.

As I said, I don't get out to see as much music as I should (though we're going to see Call Me Spinster with Little Fevers later this month!) But events like this remind me I should see more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy