Trying to be Tech-Savvy

Much of the time, I leave the tech things to my husband. He's the computer guy — in fact, that's how we met, when my old laptop died dramaticlaly and my ex-husband had the only back-up and would not return my calls, so I had to pay $2,500 to Drivesavers get my data back and then beg a friend to restore it. The friend then proceeded to ask Patrick to do the re-install, and things took off from there. Romantic, huh? The Drivesavers folks love that story!

But in any case, I've been getting better and better at things, even just in the last week. I've started this blog. I learned how to make "pretty" links in my online community (no small task, I tell you!) I have set up plans for optimizing our central server for music and photos (plus we have a back-up drive of a 1-terrabyte drive I won at MacWorld a couple of years ago, and Patrick has set up an amazing auto-back-up system).

Some of this was foiled somewhat when we went ot the Apple Store tonight to get a new iMac and an iPod for me, only to find that every Apple store in the Twin Cities is out. But we will prevail with daily phone calls to the stores (shipping from the website 5-7 business days? Jobsy-baby, I love you, but really...)

Anyway, this is a long-winded way to introduce you to my new flickr site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snugglewombat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy