The 74-Hour Work Week

So Patrick reports that Tim Ferriss at The 4-Hour Work Week has even been outsourcing his blog. I took a quick glance at it, and while I can say that it is all well and good from the productivity standpoint, I cry foul.

At some point mindsets and experiments like that can turn around and bite you in the butt. I may admire Ferriss' productivity and 4-hour system, but hey, if I go to his blog, I want to read what HE actually writes. If I want to deal with something that is outsourced to Bangalore, I can just call my cell-phone company's "customer service" number. I comprehend what he is trying to do, but it seems to me a good way to simply dilute your market share.

More on diluting market share later, with tasty examples. For now, I am off to lunch with my friend Leah. She actually write her own blog.

Edit: Ok, turns out that his blog post was "an early April Fool's joke" -- which I think is even stupider.

Comments

Leah said…
I read this and was like, wait, are we having lunch??

Let me know if you have time to lunch with your other friend Leah. :)

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy