It was a crazy, full weekend, all of which reminded me how much I love where I live:
- Beatrix's circus class and breakfast afterwards at the Chatterbox.
- A gala opening at Beatrix's school — dancing in the yard to Lucy Michelle and the Blue Lapelles and Chris Koza more on this later.
- Dinner at Salut for Patrick's birthday (where they treated us like royalty), and then drinks at the Amsterdam, which may just be the perfect new downtown St. Paul hangout.
- The annual Mclaughlin Marathon Party today, which David carried off amazingly well even if it was bittersweet. There is nothing more beautiful than Summit Avenue on Marathon Sunday, and no better way to experience it than good food and good friends.
- Beatrix's friend Gwyneth's birthday party at the Children's Museum. She is so at home there and loves showing us everything.
- A surprise birthday party for our friend Sarah, which truly was a surprise.
- A trip down to the newly finished Holly Tot Lot, which was filled with young families on a beautiful summer evening. That playground has been so neglected for so long that it's especially wonderful to see it filled with life.