The Going Out Series - Maison Margaux

My friend Chrissy generously offered to bring us to a Loons game last night (we've never been, and still want to), but we already had long-awaited reservations to Maison Margaux, so we kept those and had a lovely dinner out!


It's a new place by David Fhima, in the former Ribnick Furs building, and it's an amazing adaptive use! It has a very French flair, with an American twist. You don't feel like you're in a tiny French bistro that no one knows about, but you do feel like you are ready for a special night out with a hip atmosphere, great food, and fantastic people watching.


My friend Amanda is a chef in the kitchen there, and since it's open, we got to see her work. That woman is a serious BOSS in the kitchen; it was wonderful to see her in action!


(She's also a much better photographer than me, here's one of her images I stole - full photo credit to Amanda Nesgood.)


We had seafood and cocktails and aligot and each were amazing (it was also amazing watching the table of women not to us devour an even larger seafood tower and more cocktails. I told you the people watching was great).


The aftermath:


Since Amanda was working the dessert station we had to try the chocolate marquis (though I forgot to take a picture until we had eaten one half, so I photographed the other half and it looks a little like a frog):


After dinner we walked around and checked out the upstairs event space:


And the "underground bar" open Wednesday through Saturday:




It was a perfect evening and i loved it; I'll meet you there anytime!

Though it made me a little verklempt thinking how great it would have been to have it there when Jeune Lune was just down the block. And so the skyline rewarded me with this:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy