Hurrah for the Red, White, and Blue

Because what better way to spend the 4th of July weekend than coloring poolside with an adult beverage?

I've worked with a string of fun coloring books lately, and this was no exception. Unlike other books, these do not all tie into each other and flow into a longer story; there are nine artists involved, so they are sufficiently varied. I liked this, because I liked the way each collaring page was a separate project. They also had a nice variation in complexity, with some pages very complex and others far simpler. It was a nice book to share with my 8-year-old daughter (who, truth be told, likes the more complex ones).

The best part, though, is that each coloring page has a facing page with a quote, hymn, or other history, so it's a good read as well — again, another nice thing to share with a history-fascinated young girl!

(I received this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for my review, but all views are my own).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy