Sew-So

One of my resolutions this year was to be more creative. So, a few weeks back during a weekend Beatrix-naptime (aka "the time we frenetically try to get things done"), while Patrick was painting the bedroom, I worked on a few sewing projects.

To be honest, my success was mixed. It took me a long time to get everything set up: to find my thread and needles and such, to remember how to set up my sewing machine, to even find the projects I wanted to be working on. I feel like I don't have a lot of the basic supplies I need (like a good, clear ruler, etc.) And then, after all that, I ended up hand-sewing a lot of what i was doing, because I could not get the ruffle to work right using the sewing machine.

Still, I am pretty happy with what I created — a ruffle shirt for me, some legwarmers and a flower shirt for Beatrix. I have a huge stack of old clothes sitting in there, that I keep swearing I am going to repurpose into fabulous new things, and that may be overestimating my ability right now. But at least it's a start.

Before:






















After:

Comments

Oddiferous said…
Cute! When you finish your stack of upcycling, you are welcome to come work on mine!

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy