Home and GARDEN

We gardened the h*ll out of the weekend.

Friday was a beautiful day, and my mind was full of numbers by mid afternoon, so I just started in on a little weeding in the pretty overgrown front yard. Well, it became one of those things that you just can't stop, and by the end of the weekend we had weeded through the entire front yard, including two badly overgrown beds that I had not really touched since Beatrix was born.

It was a lot of work, but totally worth it. Beatrix loved being outside with us and carrying the weeds back and forth from pile to pile. She also loves to water the plants; I'll have to look into getting her her own watering can, because our usual one is as big as she is!

As might be expected, I have lost some plants I know were there at one point, including (sadly enough) some beautiful mums planted years ago by my friend Scott.

The great thing, though, is that with all the beds cleared out, I can add new plants! I would really like to get some divisions from friends, both to save money and because I would really love to look over a lush, vibrant garden and be able to think of the special people in my life. I have some things to share, too — mainly oregano, mint and coneflower.

Our back yard is a peaceful respite (though there is still one bed that needs to be done), and now our front yard is on the way too!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy