More Domesticity

I've been asked for some more details about the bedroom.

Here is is with an actual bed and such in it. It was very cozy to sleep in last night!



Here's a detail shot of the whitewashed book pages above the chair rail. I'm pretty happy with it, if I do say so myself.


--

In other domestic news, we had a snow day today. I managed to muscle through a lot of work that I just had not had time to deal with, plus laundry and posting things on Craig's Lost (need a changing table, a computer desk, an activity table, crib sheets, a piano, or boots? I'm your girl). I also baked a cake, but in less successful news, have discovered I am as genetically unable to cook dried beans as I am in making fudge. Hours of cooking, followed the recipe exactly, and still crunchy and gross. I give up!

Comments

Al Gonzalez said…
Love the room. Don't give up on the beans, just soak them overnight.
SteveC said…
Beans:
1) Make sure they're fresh. If they've been lurking for a couple of years in the back of the cupboard they'll never soften
2) Soak overnight (as Al said) or put in cold water, bring up to the boil, turn off and leave to soak for an hour. Discard this water and use fresh to cooking
3) A pressure cooker makes it much easier!

Steve

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Desk Set