Once and Future King (Going Out Series)

If you've known me for a long time, you're perhaps sick of my Circus Juventas posts this time of year.

But honestly, how can you be tired of seeing something like this?


For seventeen years, I was there at almost every show all summer. Patrick still is, as the lead volunteer rigger. Beatrix still takes multiple classes there, and is dreaming of the acts that she would like to still try (I am sensing fire dancing in our future).

But honestly, this show is amazing. If you love Arthurian legend, you'll entranced. If not, you're still going to be amazed.


What I especially appreciated bout the show was, though there were some AMAZING individual performances, this cast as a whole was fantastic. I saw kids who I have seen be *good* for years absolutely shine. It was an incredibly united group. I'm so proud of them.

It plays this weekend and next. There are at least some tickets available for most shows. You should go.


---

Beatrix and I are also hitting the Flotsam River Circus this Sunday at 6pm at Harriet Island; they also play tonight (Fri) at Bohemian Flats and Saturday at Hidden Falls, but we have the pool party and Dinner in White). I'm not sure what to expect — they look a little like the performance troupe in Station Eleven which could be a good or a bad thing. But it's donation based and I always want to support new circus, so we're going.

Also Fringe Festival; watch for a post on that!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy