The Trips You Take

There are some kinds of trips you take to explore the world and have new experiences. Hell, that's  my early twenties in a sentence. But Patrick, Beatrix, and I have had plenty of those kind of trips too, most recently in Amsterdam and Berlin over spring break.


Or even last year at Glacier, Yellowstone, and the Badlands.

But then there are the kinds of trips to places you go because they are familiar and comfortable, like our Thanksgivings in New Orleans.

I'm not going to lie, I had wanted a "new experiences" trip this summer. But schedules, and especially finances, made that an impossibility.

And things always happen the way we are supposed to.

Instead of a new trip, we are up at the family cabin, in the ultimate of comfort places to me, a place that is thoroughly ingrained in my soul.

We are reading, and looking at the lake, and making s'mores, and drinking beer, and cuddling kittens, and canoeing, and making Beatrix's dream video, and playing games. We are visiting the places we love: Vintage Village, Flour and Flower, Coppertrail Brewing, Tip Top Dairy Bar. We are getting rest. We are spending time together. 

At a time when I am beyond fried, it's a little bit of peace in a place that is part of my soul.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy