This is 56

It's all been a little crazy lately, and to be honest, I am totally overwhelmed on all fronts. So I've been a little shut down.

And today I turned 56 (yikes, how did that happen?)


The day started with cake for breakfast with out houseguests Mel and Aidan (Aidan has circus shows all weekend and it's easier for them to just stay close by). It was really fun to be able to celebrate with them!

Then yoga, and fantastic conversations over beer afterwards, especially with my friend Marta as Patrick rushed off to a 2-show day. I can hardly wait until the distillery opens.


Beatrix and I had lunch at Shish, and then went to Wet Paint to pick up some gold leaf she needed for a piece she's been working on, plus I headed to Starbuck's for my free birthday coffee.

Beatrix and I hit two Fringe shows (Two Stars in the Vast Dark and 5 Prisoners), and then Beatrix's show (Choose Your Own Adventure) — where the whole cast was really on point. Thank you SO much to Siobhan, Brogan, Tara, Orlagh, Chrissy, Lilli, Tami, Halle, and Zoe for coming!

The Freys then took us out to Dream Creamery for ice cream, which was amazing!


Plus texts and FB messages and cards and gifts kept coming all day (thank you especially for the hot fudge, Debra!).

I don't deserve the amazingness that is my friends!


ETA: Ended the day with drinks at Bar + Cart where we ran into my friend Dan and his friends Mo and Mike...which was PERFECT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy