Turn the Jukebox On

One of the last remaining projects sitting around the Summit house was the old jukebox my mom had stripped but not refinished. It was her jukebox in the "rec room" at my grandparent's' place at 2104 Carter.


So this weekend, I knocked that project off the list by finishing it with 2 coats of fruitwood stain (from the basement of my dad's house) and a coat of poly (ditto).

For a "free" project I think it looks pretty good.

It's both sad and relieving to finish what I think was my mom's last project.

(It still doesn't play, but at least now it looks better).

I wish I could find a way to restore this old Victrola. It had been stored in the garage, but someone who stayed here at some pint had moved it, and driven into it. I don't know how to fix it, so it's out in the alley with a big free pile.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy