More General Gastronomic Thoughts

This post brought to you by Ruth Reichl's Garlic and Sapphires, which I picked up at the Half Price Books tent sale today for $1 and am looking forward to reading!

I tried to try the McDonald's mocha on "Free Mocha Monday." It was, hands down, the worst liquid I had ever put in my mouth. The "hot" version was so barely lukewarm it felt like a bacteria petri dish, overly sweet and strangely sour at the same time, with a cloying aftertaste from my one sip. I should have known better.

Today Patrick and our houseguest Steve hit the Farmer's Market at the end of the day. I always get anxious about going at the end (what, they are going to run out of vegetables or something?) They got tons of veggies for $5 and two huge bouquets for $7. Now I think we need to go at the end of the day more often.

Watching Slumdog Millionaire last night made me realize it's been far too long since I have been to the lunch buffet at India House. Must be rectified soon.

I made an "easy" ice cream pie for a dinner party we'll be holding tonight. It was kind of a hassle, actually, and I think I would have preferred a nice, no-nonsense cake. But the dinner party will be great, thanks to the aforementioned veggies, some salmon, and such. Now we need to get a new set of dining room chairs — ours are on their very last legs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy