Happy Hydrangea


From my gardening posts lately, you can see what's on my mind.

Today I broke down and bought myself a somewhat expensive plant.

I've always wanted hydrangeas by the front steps. First I wanted tree hydrangeas, but they are expensive. Then, when the Endless Summer varieties first came out, I wanted those, but now I have them at Summit and they are kind of underwhelming. Eventually, I did have a small white hydrangea there, that Dale Bachman gave me as a thank you for hosting his daughter's wedding at Jeune Lune.

That hydrangea lasted for years and made me very happy, but this spring it just did not come up. I don't know if it was the lack of snow cover, or the work on the porch, but it was just gone.

So I dithered for awhile, and priced them out at several stores, and tried to see if I could move something else into the place, and then I finally gave up, went to Frattalone's today with a coupon, and bought the Twist and Shout hydrangea that I wanted. I carefully prepared the hole with coffee grounds I had saved, and got it right in the ground.

Doesn't it look great?

---

Patrick also got the yard leveled off, and so we can finally plant grass. I got new doormats for Mother's Day, and the beds are generally planted. If I just get the front bench painted, it will all look great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy