Mixed Emotions

Minne* is one of my newest clients. A nicer bunch of folks you would never get to meet, but I had never been to any of their events, since usually I have stayed home to kid-wrangle while Patrick does the tech thing. So tonight, we switched roles so I could go to MinneDemo.

It was easy enough for me to find; it was held at the old Jeune Lune space, now called "Aria at the Jeune Lune." Basically, I drove there on auto-pilot. Arrived, parked easily, walked through the door like I had a hundred times before — until I stopped in my tracks. You see, it was the first time I had been there since it was no longer Jeune Lune.

I enjoyed the event, I really did. I could not have been prouder of the Minne* team.I met some fascinating people. The demos were great, and I wish I could have stayed for all of them (bedtime duty called).

But really, that was ok. By the time I left, I was actually totally freaked out from being in the space. They have made some changes (like they likely paid more for the framed art in the lobby than they did for the building). But most of it was exactly the same. The spring floor still pops up in the same places. The light in the bathroom flickers the exact same way. The warmth of the space still envelops me exactly as it did, except it doesn't, because it's no longer my homestar of Jeune Lune.

It was a hard night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy