Number 9

Nine years ago tonight, in a candlelit ceremony at the old Nautilus Music-Theater space, I said "I do" to Patrick Rhone.

Nine is not ten, or the big anniversary years of 25 or 50. For nine years, the traditional gift is pottery or willow, which seems rather an afterthought. We even had trouble getting together our plans to celebrate tonight.

But nine is very, very big in a lot of ways. My parents marriage lasted nine years. In my first marriage, we separated a few months before our ninth anniversary. So in this case in particular, I think that nine is pretty important.

Happy anniversary, honey! It;'s been a long and crazy nine years, but amazing ones too!

Comments

Krista said…
Congratulations- this it big.

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Desk Set