Meditation Resolution

Having failed so spectacular on my New Year's resolutions last year, I did not really set any thing year.

But my husband is pretty ace at meditation, and I have been fascinated by how he succeeds at it. I, on the other hand, generally suck at meditation. Once I managed it, under a kind of punk-rock guided meditation session by Russell Simmons. But otherwise, as much as I know it's good for me, as much as I know I should, I just can't.

So why pick up this book? Well, it seems achievable, for one thing. It's 52 meditations, basically one a week (ok, I got in in January so I'm already a little behind. But bear with me). It works along with a journal, which I like. I can journal. And the themes and ideas ("Are You A People Fixer?" "Trusting Your Creativity") are compelling. It comes at the idea of meditation as basically another way of thinking, rather than some deep, monk-like "practice."

I've only done one week so far. And I may fail at this too. But at least I'm giving it a try. Maybe the best resolutions are the ones I don't actually set.



Wake Up to the Joy of You

(as usual, book provided free from Blogging for Books in exchange for an unbiased review)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Desk Set