Minnesota!

Not to be outdone, we spent the final couple of days of spring break (after f-i-n-a-l-l-y getting out of Atlanta, Josh from West Wing was right on that....) doing some fun things in Minnesota.

Patrick had never really explored Stillwater; so while Beatrix had Norwegian dance rehearsal on Saturday afternoon, he and I headed to Tin Bins to get some work done. Then, after we picked her up, we walked around Main Street doing some shopping. Our favorite stores were the fun, owner-run ones, like the Tea & Spice store or the toy store, where they really seemed to enjoy spending time with their customers — these stood in stark contrast to several places staffed by bored teenagers, in which I might have dropped quite a bit of money if I could even entice the clerk to pay any attention to me whatsoever. Beatrix also loves antique malls, and Stillwater has quite  a few of those, so it was a really entertaining afternoon.

The next day, we headed to the Minneapolis Institute for the Arts (I refuse to call it "mia"), to see the Guillermo del Toro exhibit, which was fantastic. B and my favorite room was there "Victoriana" room, where we loved the art and the costumes. In some cases I had to push Beatrix on a little so she did not spend too much time at a potentially disturbing film clip or the like, but in general it was perfect.


On our way out, we stopped at some of the "Rock the Garden" events, including a live show by the Brains On podcast folks (which also allowed me to rant a little with one of the hosts about how much I hate S•Town).

So all in all, an excellent spring break!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy