How Music Works



It's taken me FOREVER to get through this book, and I keep wanting more!

As you might expect, it's every bit as complicated as Davis Byrne. It's a meandering, fascinating set of essays, where you start in one place, and suddenly find yourself in another, and yet another before you dive beneath the wake in a new chapter. he says you can read it in random order, but do yourself a favor and read it in sequence; there's reasoning behind it and the flow is absolutely amazing.

So many nights of my teenage years were spent sitting in my friend Phillip's house listening to the Talking Heads (and avoiding Cheese-Its). I'm so happy to use this book to bring me back to that part of my life, even while exploring it more as an adult.

Amazing. 5 stars.

(as usual, book provided free from Blogging for Books in exchange for an unbiased review)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy