Champagne Problems

(well, really liquor problems but I can't resist a good Taylor Swift reference)

When Patrick and I were touring the Old Sazerac House in New Orleans (you know, because it was educational...), I really liked the little round bar carts at the tasting stations. I thought they might be the solution for our liquor situation — an overabundance of bottles, though relatively few mixers.


However, did you know that round bar carts are $200-$400? Yikes!

Luckily, I found a dupe (it's supposed to be a plant table, but whatever) in the neighborhood BST group for $3, and she even delivered to our house. Plus we sold an old playmobil advent calendar, so I actually made money on the BST this week.

So late last night, after a fruitless hunt for the Northern Lights, I decided to redo the bar area. Note I now have a whole shelf for shakers, for gin, and for hooch!


Everything else fits well in the main part of the bar, without getting too stacked up on top!


In a win for the canines of the household, moving the bar over revealed an entire treasure trove of tennis balls behind it as well, so everyone is happy.

Come over for a cocktail!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy