Daily News

Really, all of this month has been sort of focused on getting ready for the baby. So maybe this info should go on the baby blog (teamtrixie.com), but here we are:

- I finished the crib set! Pics on teamtrixie. I am very proud. But then my machine died while trying to make more bed pockets, so I have to solve that.
- We looked at EVERY possible bedding place in the Twin Cities, and finally found a duvet cover. We now snuggle up at night under that, the new duvet Patrick got me for Christmas, and the new pillows from my dad. Comfy! We are still working on a bedskirt and caddies (see above sewing note), and generally finalizing details on the 3F re-do.
- With the crib set done, we are also trying to finish the final touches on the nursery.
- My friend Geri had her gorgeous son Ravi, and we attended his very touching bris ceremony. My online friend Aprille had her baby a month early — and since she's due only a week before me, that's scarey!
- I am trucking through the endless piles of year-end stuff for various workplaces. I am almost done with 3 sets of W2s, 4 sets of 1099s, and other year-end adjustments. They are a lot of work, but MUST get done ASAP. I'm also doing a lot of grantwriting, planning for Nautilus' upcoming show with Minnesota Dance Theater, and final reports.
- I am STILL dealing with no end of administrivia with regards to my mother's estate.
- I tried to trade in the A6 for a sporty A3, but to no avail.
- We don't see friends enough, but love it when we do. Today I had a great lunch with my friend Ali, and scored a Snap-N-Go out of the deal!
- Beatrix is still breech, and trying to get out through my upper right rib (I have already informed Miles that if he takes her to the park he has to keep an eye on her, because she apparently has a shitty sense of direction.) Luckily, I like my doctor and we have a great doula, so I think we will be able to come up with some solutions. Once we find time....

Things I am focused on right now:
- fixing my sewing machine (and getting it out of the nursery, if we ever get the floor laid in the front room!)
- some good music for the baby (any ideas? little girl songs? classical music?)
- more work, and then even more
- stocking the freezer for post-baby (again, any ideas?)
- cleaning the basement

See, that's why I have not blogged much, pretty boring, eh?

Comments

Dawn Messerly said…
Long time lurker, first time poster :-)

Bethany, I'm having so much fun reading about the baby preparations and hearing updates from Patrick.

Re: music. I was never much for baby-specific music, because there's so much music out there that's already perfect for babies. The lullabies my girls listened to as babies were Neil Young (I am a Child, After the Gold Rush, Sugar Mountain) Bob Marley (3 little birds, No woman No cry - I'd always sing it "No, Caitlin no cry") Crosby Stills Nash & Young (Our House), Cocteau Twins. I remember that Spearhead's "Home" came out about the time Caitlin was born and Michael Franti's deep voice always seemed to mellow her out.

Once I get back from MacWorld, I'll work on a CD for you and Trixie.

Take good care of yourself!

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy