Sick and Silent

Sorry for the radio silence over here. I've been incredibly sick for over two weeks now, and it's wearing me down.

It started with a sore throat and losing my voice on Mother's Day, and generally feeling awful and dizzy and exhausted. It then ebbed and flowed for a few days, getting bad enough for me to cancel meetings and just stay in bed for 36 hours (and I can't remember the last time I did that!) Now the worst is gone, but I've got a terrible cough and still feel very dragged out.

No fever though, so no worries about piggy flu!

I've tried vitamin D and antibiotics. Patrick has been wonderful about it (he caught it, too, but bounced back more quickly) and trying to get me to take NyQuil when the nights are really bad, but the fact is that Duchess Beatrix does not grant sick days in her employ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Desk Set