little felted dogs

In December, I bought a super-cute keeshond dog from a local kid who specializes in making them from pipe cleaners:


I fell in love with this book because the dogs are even cuter, and I wanted to learn to make felt dogs. Plus, my 8-year old daughter (who has done felting before) is extremely excited to make them with me.

The dogs in this book are SO adorable! I can hardly wait to make my own little pack of breeds!

The steps are pretty simple, and my first try was a success.

A few things I did not like as much about the book:
-      -   The print is small (take that with a grain of salt, I really need new glasses).
-       -  Each dog is only depicted in one pose (sitting dalmatian, standing pug, etc.). Maybe when I get more confident I can change the poses around.
-       -  Some of the dogs are more difficult to make than others, and there is no warning at the beginning which is which. Best to spend some time looking through each dog pattern first, so you know what you are getting into.


That said, I have long wanted to learn to felt things, and this will be a great chance to learn!


(Yes, I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy