Mapping the Past

This book started as everything I love. Mingled old and new timelines, maps, the power of art, an old house (even a historic preservationist!), a cute dog, a love story, epistles, a mystery, a story based on history … it enthralled me for the first half or so of the book.

It then fell apart in a dramatic way when I suddenly stopped caring about all the characters. It was as if I did not even recognize these people that had become my friends in the story. Even the preservation part went inaccurately wrong.

I give the author major credit for rallying at this point and bringing it back around. By the end, I was glad I read it and liked the story. But it did take some effort to stay with it in the middle…


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Desk Set