The Veil Is Thin

Over a romantic lunch at Bruegger's today before meeting with our financial planner, I remarked to Patrick that this is always a tough time of the year for me. I'm not sure what I think of an afterlife, but it does feel that the veil between worlds is very thin this time of year (and the mornings very dark).

It perks up for Halloween night, however. Beatrix gets SO excited about it. For the past several years, we have always trick-or-treated with a group of her school friends. This year, or wonderful friends Heather and Justin (and Holly and Marie) hosted a spaghetti dinner in their garage, so everyone could eat and then head out. We stopped quickly at the governor's first, though — he was handing out a huge variety of MN foods, including sea salt caramel Nut Goodies which are The Bomb. We also got a chance to tell him what a good job he is doing:


All twelve of the kids gathered before we headed out:


We hit "Halloween Street" before it got too busy, and then several blocks around. When I was a kid, I had a nice enough time going out with my dad, but seeing Beatrix run around with her closest friends and share the experience makes me SOOOOOOOO happy (shuffling through leaves with their parents who we also love, holding the occasional red solo cup is not too bad either....)

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy