Shattered

I've never sat on a book review this long (though I've only bene reviewing for 18 months.) But I simply can't get through Shattered.

The book itself is excellent. Factual, readable, breaks down the various decisions that led to the dramatic loss.

But I sit down with it and it makes me mad. It makes me mad about the divisiveness within the Democratic party, that we don't seem able to solve. And yes, it makes me mad at Bernie Bros (sorry,, friends).

It makes me mad at the system, at the GOP, at everyone who voted for Trump. It makes me sad for the future. And then I put it aside and read something more uplifting, like The Handmaid's Tale.

Despite not being able to get through the book, I actually recommend it — but you'll need a thicker skin than me to get through it.

(Book provided by Blogging For Books in exchange for my opinion, but all thoughts are my own).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy