Basement Steps

For a long time, the wall leading down to our basement was a hot mess. There was a chalkboard, hung too high, that no one used. It needed painting from previous plaster patching. It was a mess.

A week ago, I tried to fix it. I speckled and painted the wall. Then I spent a couple of hours repairing and fixing up an old bulletin board to hang. And then, the hook loosened and it fell down the stairs into a million pieces:



Chaos: 1, Bethany: 0.

So I regrouped, and pulled the cork off the back of the bulletin board, and last night I made a new bulletin board by covering it with cloth and setting it in an old picture frame (I re-glued the trim falling off the couch at the same time). I framed a couple of prints I had gotten from my talented friend Ara, and hung a decal I had recently purchased at 75% off from an occasional store that was going out of business — it reminded me of our family trip to New York.

I'm pretty happy with the end result:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy