Fringetastic!

So while Patrick worked 2 shows, I loaded up Beatrix and went Fringe-ing. I was afraid we would not get a chance to go this year, but everything fell in place to go today, and it was perfect.

We started at the new-this-yer "Family Fringe," though I would argue that most Fringe shows are family-friendly. Our friends (we originally met them when they billeted with us several years ago for their first Fringe) The Fourth Wall were performing Fruit Flies Like a Banana . They are WONDERFUL. I'm probably biased, but read Matthew Everett's review. Then, if you see nothing else this Fringe, make a point to check them out at the FamilY fringe, and maybe hit CanCan Wonderland or Flanneljax afterwards. 5 stars, for sure.

The next show, Not Fair, My Lady, was produced by my friend Colleen and so I've enjoyed watching the development process of this strong, feminist, "trample the patriarchy" piece. Go see it, and then you will realize how incredibly ironic it was that I met her when Nautilus produced Carousel. This piece is intended for 16 and up, but I brought Beatrix anyway and she LOVED it. We had a lot of discussion about it all night long. Another 5 stars. You must see it.

After a stop to visit my dad, we headed over to Logan Park to see Medusa on its de facto opening night, since Fri and Sat got rained out. It's been a long time since I've seen Vox Medusa perform, but they held up well, and the addition of Infiammati Fire Circus was inspired. We were both entranced, and liked it enough to buy the soundtrack. Final 5 stars of the night.

If I can suss out my "have had it for 15 years and only use it once a year" Fringe log-in, I'll rabidly 5-star review all three of the shows. But otherwise, take my word (and Beatrix's!!!) and see all three shows. Even in a time of our lives that's crazily insane, we are glad we did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy