Getting My Summer Back

Yesterday, my friend Katharine was discussing going to the Farmer's Market (which apparently has good protocols) and getting a big pot of basil for $5. "I'm getting my summer back, dammit!" she said.

My version of getting my summer back in the past few days has included:

-  Dying my hair red.

-  Finally coloring my mug that I have had forever.

-  Watching Guys and Dolls with Beatrix.

-  Going to my cousin's daughter's socially distanced graduation open house.

-  Hosting book club (outside and around the pool). Including mojitos.

-  Going to an outdoor clothing exchange.

-  Meeting up a couple of times with people, one on one, distanced and outside but able to talk. Which was amazing. I need more of that. Let me know if you're in.

What are you doing to get your summer back?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Desk Set