Brutus on Brewpubs - Return to Saint Paul Brewing, and Bonus Billy's

With it being so hot yesterday, no one seemed to really want to go out. So when we walked in to Saint Paul Brewing, there were several staff members just hanging out behind the bar, ready to adore Brutus. Several cell phone cameras whipped out for pictures, and he was happy to belly up to the bar for a drink.


There are a few places we go to time and time again, and Saint Paul Brewing is one of them. The beer is always good (I am fond of Haze of Infatuation, and they currently stock the Things We Cannot Say IPA that several breweries are collaborating on to raise money for/awareness of mental health). The staff is friendly. I like both their funky patio area and the comfortable indoor seating — as does Brutus.


My idea of a perfect date night would be going there and 11 Wells in the same night (though unsure if Brutus is allowed inside 11 Wells.)

---

Other places seems to also find Brutus photogenic; he recently showed up in Urban Growler's feed.

---

Without Brutus today (perhaps that was the mistake), I met my amazing friend Debra at the newly revamped Billy's on Grand. I had not been to Billy's in years and did not mourn it when it closed, but thought I would give it a try with the new ownership.

It was underwhelming. Not much has changed in the atmosphere, which may be a plus or a minus for you. It certainly brings back the nostalgia. They have a few taps but not a wide range, and tend to focus on union-busting beer, so that further limited it for me, and my Prye's was sadly flat. Apps were meh, and our waiter looked like he had recently returned from being an extra on Tiger King (again, a plus or minus depending on how you look at it). 

But I appreciate an increased number of gathering places on Grand, and I would certainly go back, though I might gently steer you towards Iron Ranger first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy