2021 Resolutions - A Mixed Bag


Brutus and I are spending part of this afternoon at a taproom, while I asses how I did for this year's resolutions (spoiler alert, not well).

So these are the resolutions I made:

1. Become a QuickBooks Pro Advisor.

2. Clean out storage areas.

3. Write a letter a month.

4. Plant a ton of bulbs at all the houses (remind me of this in the fall).

5. Never pass up a chance to be kind..

And how I did:

 1. Become a QuickBooks Pro Advisor.

Didn't even try. Hmm, maybe this does not matter to me as much as I thought it did?

2. Clean out storage areas.

Sort of. I'm calling it a success.

3. Write a letter a month.

Ummm, again, no.

4. Plant a ton of bulbs at all the houses (remind me of this in the fall).

TOTAL FREAKING SUCCESS! (though none of you did indeed remind me). I remembered this in November, ordered a ton from Holland Bulbs, and planted soooooo many bulbs! I'm excited for spring. I might get some paper whites for inside the house this winter too.

5. Never pass up a chance to be kind.

Possibly my biggest success. I kept this in mind constantly and tried to live it, and I think I did. Other than occasionally arguing with people on the internet.

Now, in my defense, I took on some really exciting client projects (honestly, the biggest in my lifetime, I am SO excited to tell you about them!), read more books in a year than I have ever read since Beatrix was born, did yoga 2x every weekend from September on, achieved Queen Bee status in Spelling Bee, co-hosted a political fundraiser for the first time (yay Erin Murphy!!), had some great date nights, and kept myself and my family alive — and to some extent ok — during a pandemic (before coming here, I even managed to score 3 BinaxNow tests, which included driving to Eagan with a dog on my lap to get them). So quite honestly, I'm considering this year as much of a success as it possibly could be.



Stay tuned for what I resolve in 2022!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy