Yum!

 


To say I have been eagerly awaiting Yum! to open at Selby and Snelling is an understatement. I'm not going to get into my feelings about the new development there; but I will say that I used to dream of the "Patti cake" (though not enough to drive to St. Louis Park for it), so I was very happy to hear that a location was opening here.

It opened on Tuesday, and I headed over right away that night to pick up some desserts to bring home. Due to a system glitch, I had to wait longer than usual, so they cheerfully comped my order. And yes, the cake was every bit as good as I remembered, and Beatrix loved her cupcake.

We have not had a lot of family time together due to the circus holiday show, so tonight we decided to go out for dinner together (Patrick was especially excited to try it). He had the mahi-mahi tacos (a huge piece of well seasoned fish over greens, then you build your own taco), and Beatrix and I had the grilled cheese (on challah! with homemade delicious chips!). And, of course, we all had dessert.

And I'm right, it's the perfect restaurant for the area. It's authentically full of a diverse clientele — of all ages and group sizes and colors and menu preferences — without being cloyingly self-congratulatory about it. There's a wide range of sandwiches and salads and main courses and sides, and it's really fun to watch them making the food. We've already established the desserts are great. And both the cocktails and the coffee bar look great, too; I'll have to try them out.

So welcome, Yum! We're thrilled to have you in the area!

PS - If you take my advice and try it out, also stop at The Grand Micro Gallery just around the corner (enter though Cahoots Coffee or Spoils of Wear on Selby, then head downstairs, open 10-6 daily). My friend Rachael just opened it, and she has an amazing variety of locally-made items packed into a small but surprisingly open-feeling space. From prints to jewelry to ornaments to pottery (and lots of other items), it's the perfect place for last minute gifts (or, be like Beatrix and buy yourself something). Can't recommend it enough!

Basically, I'll meet you on that corner anytime for some shopping and eating!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy