Broken Wrist Update



Yup, it's about what you would think. This is us having lunch after we learned I'll need surgery THIS WEEK STILL for this wrist. I won't be able to be at Beatrix's opening night for her show. I'm gutted.

We ate at The Lowry, using gift cards, for the first time since my dad died. We ran into Lisa Channer, which was lovely (even if her life is as complicated as ours). We ran some errands. We penciled in all the pre-op medical appointments I need, and moved appointments. We talked to B's new therapist, who is leaving the practice before B even starts with her, so we need to start again. We checked in on Patrice's Handy Heights GoFundMe, which has stalled a little and needs help. I got a very little bit of client work done -- I'm way too distracted.

Any my friends have been great. They have texted to check in on me (one checks every day, I don't think she has any idea how much that means.) Another friend brought us amazing jambalaya, perfect for celebrating Mardi Gras. A lovely student from my Buy Nothing group cleaned our first floor for free. 

As I've been angsting about all this plus client issues, two friends have brought flowers and chocolate and a candle, another friend took me to La Boheme and had a cocktail with me, someone else went out to beers with me, and Viv helped me modify poses so I could get a yoga season in. Last weekend we escaped to The New Victorian B&B for a night while B stayed with my aunt and uncle, and I'm so glad we did (that was my real last shower. I miss showers).

(The yoga is bumming me out the most. Patrick and I have done yoga every Saturday and Sunday, missing a bare few, since September. Now I don't know when I'll be able to do it again. Who would have thought that would be my breaking point?)

And Patrick has been amazing. And I have a great daughter, and snuggly pets. But WOW, this is overwhelming. And I don't usually get overwhelmed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy