I Get By (with a little help from my friends)


Surgery yesterday went about as well as it could have, and since I was still on a nerve blocker I defied doctor orders and went to Beatrix's performance as Peter Pan in Shrek (Jr.) at SPA (shows left tonight at 7 and tomorrow at 2, a little under 2 hours, free admission at the door).

People have been amazing with good thoughts and food (and cocktails!) and support. You all are The Best.

But I have to say, my husband has been an amazing rock through this and the MANY other curveballs that have hit us so far in 2022. I'm currently propped up like a lump on the couch, and he is getting me everything I need. He's been incredibly patient with dressing me like a toddler, driving me to clients, helping me bathe, and listening to me freak out. Plus running the house, getting Beatrix places, having rigging meetings, getting the cranky older cat wet food, etc. The other night, in discussing one of the other big curveballs, he said one of the sweetest things to me ever. I married up, for sure.

I know I've sounded despondent lately, because this all really sucks. But also brings into sharp relief how lucky I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy