Back to the Mat

I got cleared to go back to yoga today, over 3 months after I broke my wrist, two weeks after I broke my nose, and four weeks after I "recovered" from covid.


Not gonna lie, it was one of the hardest things I've done physically in many years. When I adjusted so there was less pressure on my wrist, my deeply bruised knees hurt. When I got over that, I had problems breathing and started coughing. Which led to breathing through my nose and then my nose hurt. 

My form was terrible and there were plenty of times I just had to stop and go into child's pose and rejoin the class in a moment. My downward log looked more like downward snail.

I've been *off* for the rest of the day while Patrick got things done.

It wasn't great. But the only way out is through. So you'll find me back on the mat next weekend. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy