State Historic Tax Credit

I'm not usually very political on this blog (though in some ways I am *always* political because it's a state of being for me).

But this one hits hard.

Minnesota has had a historic tax credit for the rehab of income-producing historic properties. It ties to the federal tax credit. It's an incredibly effective tool that generates over $11 in revenue for each dollar spent. It encourages the renovation of historic buildings, which benefits us all (I'll do another rant win that later).

And, because NOTHING got passed at the end of the legislature on either the tax bill or
the spending bill, it will expire on June 30 unless it gets included in a special session. 

That will halt projects statewide (including one very near and dear to my heart), at a time we can least afford it.

It's a beautiful day tomorrow — join me at the Capitol at 10am to rally for it! If you can't do that, please reach out to your legislators and ask them to push for a special session and that you want the tax credit included.

This is an area where you can have a big impact with a small action, and I'm humbly asking you to reach out.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy