Bitter/(Sweet)

 In early December, I started making bitters.


I got a little stalled at the beginning because I didn't have the spirits I thought I had ready for it (there went the idea of having it ready for Christmas presents). But eventually I got everything all mashed and steeped, which made the house smell delicious.

Then it infused for several weeks, shaken daily.

Tonight, I finally did the finally step, which was re-heating it (which made the house smell great again), adding some honey as a sweetener (thanks, Viv!), and then straining it twice (a long and pokey process). I probably used my arms more than I should at this point of my recovery, but I got to listen to some NPR and watch is s-l-o-w-l-y strain through.

And now I have 5 delicious smelling bottles of cherry vanilla bitters. Because cocktails are good!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy