Just Slightly *Off*

I've been just slightly off this weekend and can't suss how to get back on track.

Maybe it was Friday, where for any number of reasons we didn't get to have our usual date while B was at circus. Or B's back still hurting from a freak circus accident two weeks again, so heading in to Tria Urgent Care and being told there was not a ton that could be done besides time and rest, and figuring out her class and performance schedule in light of that.

Or saying goodbye forever to a friend who used to be important to me and is now...not.

Or the (horrible) weather. Or not being quite on point for yoga. Or being behind in work. or some weird health things.

Or being really behind in the houses, especially yard work, and the weather this weekend not making it easy to catch up. The spring storm on April 1 really did a number on the pool, and it's either going to be really expensive to fix, or an insurance claim that potentially causes them to drop us (plus the damage to the trees and bushes is not even covered).

I'm just kind of struggling to move ahead.

I had some great get-togethers with people last week (more on that later when I'm not writing such a downer of a post), and their remarks reminded me again that social media is a very curated experience. So I guess this is me being real, that sometimes things just seem wrong, and acknowledging that we all have to struggle to get back on track. Maybe what I really need right now is more fun. 

What do you do to get out of a funk?

(Picture because formatting can get weird without it. But also because in this pic, the cats are also not really here nor there.)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Desk Set