Desk Set

This desk ("the responsibility desk," a term I nabbed from a long-ago boyfriend) does not look like much of a big deal.


But it represents several days of cleaning things out.

Emptying drawers, looking through (and then discarding) old cards, tossing old receipts, etc.

Cataloging gift cards: checking balances, noting the amounts, filing alphabetically. We have enough to eat and shop on gift cards (as long as we don't spend over $30, which seems to be the average balance, and go places that we don't normally go) for the next year. Throwing away unused gift cards where places had closed (sob, Heyday and Chinook Book). 

Recycling several bags of paper.

Doing the same with coupons and punch cards and points cards. I sent Patrick off to lunch with a punch card for the Naughty Greek today, and am bringing dessert to an event with a combination of Nothing Bundt Cakes lunch cards, coupons, and a gift card. I transferred 20,000 miles from my old Skymiles number to my new one.

Closing old credit card accounts (many automatically closed when we didn't use them over the height of covid). Upgrading our Amex for some extra bonuses.

Cataloging some art.

It was a LOT of work, but highly rewarding. I am very proud of myself.

Comments

Emily S said…
I have the same desk

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy