Shaking Up Our Saturday

Almost every Saturday and Sunday you'll find us at Yoga and a Pint (you should meet us there!). But this week a mix of community responsibilities and a need to trim back on expenses (plus a sleepless night because I am still coughing like crazy all the time) meant we skipped yoga.

Truth is, a little bit of my heart was at yoga and I was not really in a "do better for the community" mood:


But we rallied and met neighborhood folks at Lookout Park in order to clean out the annuals and get ready for fall. This intrepid crew got a lot done in a short time!


In a better mood now, I came back and planted some of the geraniums we took out here, so we could enjoy a few more days (more maybe even weeks?) of color.




I got a little more yard work done as well, including planting a hydrangea I had bought at a Bitty Kitty Brigade fundraiser. Maybe fall means some backyard bonfires!

I have a few acquaintances collecting things for various fundraisers (stuffed animals, kids books, kids clothes), so I may try to gather together some donations for those before we head to some neighborhood events this afternoon, and as Beatrix gets ready for Homecoming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy