Keep the Home Fires Burning - A Build Post

Though "Build" is my resolution, Patrick has gotten in on the game as well.

I have long (like, for decades) wanted to spruce up our living room with additional trim. Our mantlepiece is filled with gorgeous things, but was just a little blah. My ultimate goal was to add some trim above that, plus on the ways, like these inspiration photos:



Just after Christmas, Patrick decided to mark my dreams come true.

We went from this:


To this:


And, even better, once that was done I decided I did not need the wall trim (mainly because it might not leave enough room for art...)!

He also fixed the toilet, which was a real win).

I guess the best part of having "Build" as a resolution is when someone even does it for you...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do We Mean When We Talk About Race?

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy