Because Shade Never Made Anybody Less Gay

In a true sign that I am older than dirt, Beatrix designed an outfit for Pride and attended with her friend A. While I, on the other hand, worked in the yard all day while Patrick worked on the fence (though we also went to yoga, Pride version — this year's Pride brought to you by Chapell Roan).

Of course I forgot to take before pictures, but my big project today was cleaning out the back garden along the fence at Summit. It was a huge mess, but I divided and gave away tons of lemon balm, divided joe pye weed and planted it at Winter Street and Ashland, got some plants I had been given into the ground, took apart a rotting old bench, moved the "Chank guy" over to that corner, and generally got things looking better. 


This is on top of clearing out the huge nettles and cleaning up under the "frankenbush" yesterday. I had been given a waterlogged begonia that I replanted to add some color.


And in the sun garden area, one of my containers is coming along really well, and the tomatoes that Laurie Flanigan-Hegge gave me are growing wonderfully behind them.


I also cleaned and sealed the teak furniture earlier this week, which makes it look much better. Friday night was the first pool party of the year where I felt on top of things, and that was nice.


Not that there's not plenty left to do....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brutus

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy