Friday Night

I always *intend* to have a light workday on Friday so I can get ready for the pool party. On Fridays Patrick generally helps out his dad for awhile, then goes to Costco to spend $$ on buns and meat and such for the party, plus his many obligations. I try to pick up some of the other slack, which today meant a ton of driving around and errands and such, plus several hours of work. So basically, it never happens.

I had some creeping thyme to get planted, and I had vowed to string some solar lights and refinish the teak chairs (which always takes forever longer than it should, which is why I don't do it every year). The hook for the hammock is missing, and it takes time to get the various meds into Brutus, and Patrick is still working on the fence, and the house really needed to be cleaned, and everything just took awhile.

Someday I'll get this all perfect. there will be lots of blow-up pool toys, and flowers, and the plantings will be perfect and with no weeds, and the food amazing, and there will be cake, and a pitcher of cocktails, and I'll be wearing some fabulous pool outfit to greet you when you get here.

But I think right now you get what you get.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brutus

New Year's Eve 2023

Choosing Happy