Two Things You Must See!

This afternoon we all went to see the Hadestown pro-shot. 


Those of you who know me well know that it might be my absolute favorite musical. I was an original stan for the concept album back in the early 2000s. In 2019, based on listing to the concept album one night, we decided to got to New York for spring break so we could see the show as it opened on Broadway; seeing Eva Noblezada, Reeves Carney, Amber Gray, Patrick Page, and Andre de Shields in that show was absolutely transcendent, and Beatrix still has her carnations from stage door. 

Last year, Saint Paul Academy did it as the spring musical and so we clearly saw it several times.


I was unsure how I felt about seeing the pro-shot, but I am really glad we did. It does not stand in for seeing it live, but it enhances the experience. I'll confess I was in tears.

It was originally supposed to run through July 29, but I think it's been extended a little. See it if you can!

---

It was a weekend of circus, with Circus Juventas' Whimsy opening on Friday. I'll be the first to admit that the Willie Wonka kind of creeps me out, but the CJ production does a great job of taking a the inspiration from that, and Candyland, and all kinds of other things.

Beatrix plays "Lady Licorice" and is also in all the dances and of course I think she's brilliant. But I am incredibly proud of all the kids in this show, who have worked really hard and who do AMAZING acts. Truly not to be missed, runs through August 9, ask me for a discount code for selected shows.

It's Beatrix's last circus show, and I have All The Feels!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House on the Rock vs. Taliesin

Coya

Holding On, Letting Go